Summer Speech Therapy Books
If you are looking for summer books to use in your speech therapy sessions, I’ve rounded up a list of books by summer themes. Some themes I like to use for summer include the beach, ocean animals, camping, pirates, and more!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we could receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Summer Speech Therapy Books:
- The Deep Blue Sea by Audrey Woods
- The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen
- Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae
- The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark by
RELATED: Summer Speech-Language Activities for Elementary Students
- How Will We Get to the Beach? by Brigitte Luciani
- Harry by the Sea by Gene Zion
- How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
- The Pirates Next Door by Jonny Duddle
- The Pirate Who Couldn’t Say Arrr! by Angie Neal
- Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map by James Dean and Kimberly Dean
- The Pirates on the Ship by Ann Bonnie (This book can be paired with mini-objects from this Story Kit from Speech & Smile’s Etsy Shop for extra fun and engagement!
RELATED: Summer Speech Therapy Activities (with lots of visuals)
Camping-Themed Speech Therapy Books:
- Curious George Goes Camping by H.A. Rey
- A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee by Chris Van Dusen
- The Tent Mouse and the RV Mouse by Loretta Sponsler
- Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping by Peggy Parish
Picnic-Themed Books for Speech Therapy:
- What This Story Needs is a Munch and a Crunch by Emma Virjan
- Ready for Anything by Keiko Kasza
- Good News Bad News by Jeff Mack
RELATED: Following Directions Activities (Plus a free download)
I hope you have fun reading some of these summer books in your speech therapy sessions! Leave a comment below about your favorite summer book!