Easter is already right around the corner. I love any excuse to dress up my daughter in a frilly dress and see her face light up when she comes downstairs to a fun-filled Easter basket! But what I don’t love is a sugar cash at 8 a.m. on Easter morning – right before we have to get dressed up and go to visit relatives! So that got me thinking . . . What are some good non-food Easter basket filler ideas for toddlers?
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Easter Basket Filler Ideas for Toddlers
These are made from an amazing, flow-y material that just makes you want to touch one. Because they are so versatile, they really help to foster creative thinking! Also, a Play Silk can be used as the main “filler” instead of Easter grass along the bottom of a basket.
How Play Silks are great for learning:
- Pretend Play – wrap a baby, make a fort, make a cape for a super hero, etc.
- Sensory Experience
- Gross Motor Play
- You can read reviews and purchase on Amazon here.
- Check out this video from the company for great ideas:
Easter Basket Filler Idea for Toddlers: Bubbles
Bubbles are always a winner in our house! I love Fubbles, which come in a no-spill container, but you can pick up bubbles at any store for “cheep cheep cheep” 🙂
Bubbles are great for learning:
- Use to encourage first words – learn how in this article!
- Increase fine motor skills through popping bubbles
- Work on gross motor skills through running around to catch bubbles
- You can read reviews and purchase Fubbles on Amazon here
If you are looking to fill your toddler’s Easter basket with eggs for that traditional look, try filling it with these educational toy eggs.
They help toddlers learn:
- fine motor skills
- You can read reviews and purchase these on Amazon by clicking here
These Egg Shakers are like maracas and are a staple with music therapists! Use them whenever you do musical activities at home. Here’s 12 Songs that Encourage Language Development (Plus Free Printable) to get you started.
Music and Egg Shakers work on:
- Language development
- Following directions
- Gross motor movement
- You can read reviews and purchase Egg Shakers on Amazon here
RELATED: Grab these Song Choice Cards from my Etsy shop!
Coloring Book and ULTRA-CLEAN Crayons
If you haven’t tried the “Ultra-Clean” crayons and markers from Crayola, these need to be on your list! (Even if it’s not for Easter)
Coloring helps toddlers learn:
- Pre-writing skills
- Vocabulary from pictures in their coloring book
These could be fun to put inside plastic Easter eggs and then used for pretend play – but mostly I just think they are adorable! You can find them on Amazon here
Pretend Play Doctor Set with a Stuffed Animal
I always got a stuffed animal in my Easter basket growing up, so I like to keep that tradition going with my daughter. You could place the doctor toys around the stuffed animal in the basket as a filler and then the stuffed animal can you your child’s first patient!
Pretend Play works on:
- Social skills
- Conversational skills
- Language development
- You can read reviews and order this set on Amazon by clicking here
I love the idea of putting some of Mr. Potato Head’s smaller body parts inside plastic eggs! As a Speech-Language Pathologist, Mr. Potato Head has been a go-to toy for working with toddlers and preschoolers. Find out how I use it to encourage language development here.
You can use this toy for learning:
- Body parts
- Taking turns
- Answering “function” questions (“What do you use to smell?”)
- Fine motor skills
- You can read reviews and order Mr. Potato Head set on Amazon by clicking here
Pin It for Later!